The Cockcroft Institute is delighted to announce several PhD project opportunities for start in October 2015. Candidates have the possibility to work on experimental or theoretical topics in one or several of the following fields:
- Development of innovative beam diagnostic techniques for future particle accelerators
- Investigations into charged particle beam dynamics and optimization of accelerators
- Design and optimization of next generation accelerator-based research facilities and light sources
- R&D into novel accelerating schemes, such as plasma wakefield and dielectric laser acceleration
- Investigations into medical applications of accelerators
- Development of beyond state-of-the-art detectors for photon detection.
For further information about specific projects and application details, please click here.